Shenval Swarm is committed to providing fastpitch softball players with an experience that fosters positive self-esteem, team spirit, and individual growth through personal achievement and team play. ShenVal Swarm strives to create confident athletes today and community leaders for tomorrow. The ShenVal Swarm organization typically has travel softball teams in the following league age brackets: 8U-18U.
As a member of the Shenval Swarm organization, players are expected to be fully committed to the success of their team. In addition, players are expected to:
- Faithfully attend all practices, scrimmages and team meetings.
- Attend all scheduled tournaments and games.
- Discuss any absences or scheduling conflicts with the head coach to ensure the team has time to make roster moves for planned tournaments and games.
- Put forth your best effort during all games and practices.
- Show, at all times, respect for your teammates, your coaches, parents and fans.
- Demonstrate sportsmanship and respect for umpires and the opposing team coaches and players.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Give your full attention to your coaches.
AS COACHES, WE PROMISE TO:
- Display sportsmanship on the field at all times and against all opponents and umpires setting a proper example for your daughter.
- Encourage your daughter, correct her, instruct her, but never demean her, regarding her play.
- Communicate openly with you and your daughter and put her in a position to succeed.
- Incorporate the instruction your daughter is receiving from hitting/pitching coaches.
- Provide a balanced environment of competitive instruction and play mixed with the right amount of fun to ensure their continued love of the game.
- Never overuse your daughter to the point of physical exhaustion or potential injury. Your daughter’s health and well-being are foremost in our minds.
- All teams within the ShenVal Swarm organization will have access to the Hive facility.
The Hive is located at:
291 Independence Drive
Winchester, VA 22602
- Team managers, within each respective team, will notify parents and players of additional outdoor facilities and fields where practices will be held.
- Teams typically practice 2-3 times per week. Team managers and coaches will leverage Crossbar, GameChanger, email/text and other apps/services to communicate practices, games and tournament schedules.
- Consult your team manager and coaches on the estimated number of games and tournaments expected.
- Please keep in mind game and tournament schedules are fluid and are subject to change at any time and for any reason.
- Team managers and coaches will leverage Crossbar, GameChanger, email/text and other apps/services to communicate practices, games and tournament schedules.
- Uniforms are typically included in the player fees submitted for a given season.
Player Fees & Extra Costs
- The annual fee will vary from team to team and may also depend upon the projected travel schedule. The annual fee does not typically include hotel stays and travel related expenses. The annual fee is typically spread out over the year and full payment is not required at the beginning of the season.
- Each player has the opportunity to obtain sponsorships, assist in fund raisers and help both the player and team raise funds to reduce the overall cost of travel softball.
- A typical fastpitch softball season runs from August-July. As an example, the 2023-2024 season, will roughly span the following dates: August 15, 2023 - July 31, 2024.
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ - Coming soon!
August 2023 to July 2024